Monday, January 2, 2012

Christmas 2011

 This is a decoration on our tree. It is from a wedding. Last year, in 2010, our friends got married on New Years Eve and they had everyone that was at their wedding take a few decorations for their tree.
 This is our Christmas tree this year. It is 13 feet high and about 7 feet wide. We always get a very big tree. We did not have room for a star at the top so the star is just hanging inside the tree somewhere.
 This decoration on the tree was from a student at my mom's school. This is most likely my favorite one because my favorite movie of all time is "How The Grinch Stole Christmas."
 This is my sister. She is laughing at my brother who is just being himself. I quick took the shot and it turned out very well. I turned it to black and white because the color of the door behind her did not look good.
 This is the nativity scene that we have in our house. Ever since I can remember, we have had about 4 nativity scenes in our house. My sister really likes to decorate. I choose to turn it to black and white as the color in the picture was the best color and plus it looked so much better in black and white.
This was made by a lady who passed away about 4 or 5 years ago. My mom and her were close and before she knew she was sick, she liked to make crafts and other good things. She made this for us out of a lightbulb and painted it like Santa Clause.

2 comments:

  1. My Fav is the Grinch-nice "bokah" (look that up) on the lights in the background. An example of having a strong subject and a not-distracting background, yet it sets the location.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like the last picture. its my fav

    ReplyDelete